SRI International is an American nonprofit scientific research institute and organization headquartered in Menlo Park, California. SRI International’s Center for Innovation Strategy and Policy (CISP) collaborates with organizations, countries, and regions to accelerate the long-term economic and social impact of investments in technology, innovation and a skilled workforce.
The organization was founded as the Stanford Research Institute 75 years ago. SRI formally separated from Stanford University in 1970 to become known as SRI International in 1977. SRI’s work focuses on:
- Business management consulting – helping public and private sector organizations solve pressing management and strategy problems related to innovation and technology commercialization
- Financial management consulting – helping clients assess long-term financial impacts of planned investment in programs and institutions of science and technology development
- Technology and commercialization – assisting clients in identifying areas for research and development, assessing intellectual property, mapping the technology landscape and determining applications for new technology.
SRI conducts client-sponsored research and development for government agencies, commercial businesses, and private foundations. It also licenses its technologies, forms strategic partnerships, sells products, and creates spin-off companies.
Areas of expertise include:
- Advanced imaging systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Biomedical R&D services
- Biomedical sciences
- Computer vision
- Cyber & formal methods
- Education and learning
- Innovation strategy and policy
- National security
- Ocean & space
- Robotics, sensors & devices
- Speech & natural language
- Video test & measurement
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.