CanCred by Learning Agents
Learning Agents is an educational technology company that was created in 2000 to connect people with skills and careers through educational technologies. CanCred by Learning Agents was launched in 2017 to bring Open Badge Factory (OBF), a global leader in Open Badge technology based in Finland, to Canada, for Canadians by Canadians. Canada’s Open Badges technology solution is identical to its Finnish partners, but its servers are housed in Canada.
In summer 2021, the company partnered with Ibbaka Performance of Vancouver, Canada, to launch the GoFrameworks.io alignment hub, to align microcredentials and other open badges to key skill and competency frameworks used by educators and employers, along with other important frameworks such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals. GoFrameworks included five frameworks at launch:
- Ontario Essential Employability Skills
- Shopify’s Remote Working Skills
- US Department of Labor’s Advanced Manufacturing Model
- Ibbaka Open Competency Model for Design Thinking
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
The organization also provides:
- consulting on building a successful badging strategy
- training and onboarding — orientation, design workshops, follow-up support
- production — badge image design, badge content creation, user documentation and reporting
Building BlocksAlliances & Intermediaries Credentials & Providers Data, Databases, Standards Verifications / Recordkeeping International Developments
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.