Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) is a national, nonprofit membership organization that works to improve education-to-career pathways for adult learners. CAEL helps organizations succeed by providing expertise, resources, and innovative solutions that effectively support adult learners as they navigate on- and off-ramps between education and employment.
CAEL provides a range of services to its members to include;
- Initiative support and technical assistance: help partners with diagnosing a problem, defining a strategy to resolve it, generating and maintaining momentum, developing a staff capacity plan to sustain that momentum, establishing data collection and analysis, and strategic planning and convenings.
- Postsecondary education: assistance related to Credit for Prior Learning (including accelerated programs, attracting and supporting adult learners, assessing institutional effectiveness in serving adult learners, developing strategic partnerships with employers and the workforce system, aligning curricula with workforce needs.
- Platforms & tools: tools that help adults earn credentials faster.
- Workforce & economic development: improving the social and economic mobility of adult learners; strategic partnership development; data gathering and analysis, strategy development, goal setting, and tracking; accelerating credential completion by recognizing on-the-job and other non-institutional training and by incorporating stackable credentials.
- Employers & industry groups: developing strategic partnerships with higher education and training providers, developing talent pipelines in partnership with regional stakeholders in workforce development and education, training and education program analysis and improvement, strategies for implementing employee career guidance and support platform.
Industry-education partnerships: building coalitions among businesses, industry organizations and postsecondary institutions to maintain healthy workforce talent pipelines necessary for economic growth.
Building BlocksAlliances & Intermediaries Credentials & Providers Employers & Workforce Policy Quality & Value Research Transparency Career Navigation
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.