Excelencia in Education
Excelencia in Education, founded in 2004, accelerates Latino student success in higher education to address the U.S. economy’s need for a highly educated workforce and for civic leadership by:
- Providing data-driven analysis of the educational status of Latinos
- Promoting education policies and institutional practices that support their academic achievement
- Organizing a network of professionals with common cause for Latino student success
Excelencia has been the national leader in developing strategic research to bring to the forefront what we know about Latino student success, what works to improve it, and what decision makers can do. Examples of areas of research and resources available include:
- Post-completion efforts at Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- Latino college completion
- HSI’s role in economic mobility
- Environmental scan of Puerto Rico
- Information about eHSIs (Emerging Hispanoic-Serving Institutions), and gHSIs (Hispanic-Serving Institutions with Graduate programs)
- Providing data, fact sheets, and other resources: HSIs, eHSIs, gHSIs; HSIs Infographic; interactive dashboard; GIS StoryMap.
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.