Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO)
The Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO) was created through the Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario Act, 2005. HEQCO is an agency of the Government of Ontario that brings evidence-based research to the continued improvement of the postsecondary education system in Ontario. As part of its mandate, HEQCO evaluates the postsecondary sector and provides policy recommendations to the Ministry of Colleges and Universities to enhance the access, quality and accountability of Ontario’s colleges and universities. Priorities include:
- Access to Postsecondary Education
- Measuring Transferable Skills in Postsecondary Student
- Measuring Performance in Higher Education
- Fostering Differentiation Among Colleges and Universities
The HEQCO employs a multifaceted research approach in fulfilling its mandate, including developing policy recommendations and publishing reports and other publications that inform the postsecondary education-interested community in Ontario, Canada and around the world. The organization:
- Conducts and commissions studies and evaluations, often in partnership with Ontario’s colleges and universities, on key issues in accessibility, quality and accountability.
- Produces research that synthesize the most current data and research – providing postsecondary decision-makers and the general public with critical insight and information on emerging trends in postsecondary education.
- Evaluates the post-secondary education system and makes the results of these evaluations available to the Ministry of Colleges and Universities and to the public.
Building BlocksAlliances & Intermediaries Policy Research Quality & Value International Developments Credentials & Providers
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.