International Council on Badges and Credentials (ICoBC)
The International Council on Badges and Credentials (ICoBC) is a network of educational, corporate, association and government organisations with a goal to develop and facilitate best practices on badges and credentials regionally and globally.
Examples of efforts include:
- Symposiums and webinars which bring together key stakeholders from various countries and sectors to talk about hands-on initiatives and lessons learned in the field of badges and credentials.
- In the accreditation area, virtual visits to organisational issuers to assess their processes and practices, where possible both highlighting and sharing best practices to the benefit of both individual organisations and the broader learner-earner community. Consideration is given to local circumstances and constraints within the accreditation requirements, with accommodations made to enable flexible approaches to both issuing processes and to evidence meeting the core requirements of accreditation.
- Consultation, offering vendor-neutral consultation, including strategy workshops as well as peer-networking alongside our Maturity Model (BCM-FLO).
- OpenBadges server is open for interested parties to try out the potential that digital credentials are offering.
- Commissions reports on topics such as 21st Century Skills and Quality.
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.