Adult Learning & Literacy Network (ALL IN)
The Adult Literacy and Learning Impact Network (ALL IN) is a collective impact initiative that was formed in 2022 to address America’s adult literacy and learning issues:
- About 43 million Americans – nearly one in five adults – read below a third-grade level.
- More than 54% of adults in the U.S. struggle with low literacy skills, reading and writing below a sixth-grade level.
- This persistent, multigenerational challenge not only impacts income, workforce agility and quality of life for families nationwide, but also imposes significant costs on society.
The Network is made up of nearly 30 thought leaders from the adult literacy field and beyond. The Network’s charge is to implement the five priorities of the National Action Plan for Adult Literacy:
- Engage adult learners as movement leaders
- Raise awareness and advocate for change
- Expand outcomes-based research
- Support adult literacy instructors
- Invest in innovation while scaling proven approaches
ALL IN launched with a Summit on December 12, 2022. The Summit identified several priorities for immediate action:
- raising awareness about adult literacy needs
- improving technology-enabled research and development
- expanding access to high quality programs and services.
All IN is supported by a grant from the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy.
Partners: American Library Association, Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, Business Roundtable, Coalition on Adult Basic Education, CURE, Colgate-Palmolive, Comcast, Discovery Education, Dollar Genera Literacy Foundation, Houston (TX) Mayor’s Office for Adult Literacy, Intel, Jobs for the Future, National Association of State Directors of Adult Education, National Center for Families Learning, National Coalition for Literacy, National Governors Association, ProLiteracy Worldwide, Tesol International Association, Tyson Foods, U.S. Department of Education (Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education), VALUEUSA, Walgreens Boots Alliance, World Education.
Links to Resources: www.allinliteracy.org
Stakeholder Group(s)Learners, Students
Request an Edit
Have something to add or refine? Your input in this work matters greatly and we look forward to reviewing your additions.